Re: SCRIPT: head

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 21:08:07 CET

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 01:11:40PM +0100, Sebastien Huet nicely wrote:
> > I alway used a C wrapper called /usr/bin/muawk, to use awk
> > as interpreter in the scripts.
>
> Hi michele,

Hello, Sebastien, how are you? Are you still mantaining the very
fine embedded-linux site?

> what about adding to your interpreter littler name for popular fonction
> name.
> print may become pr,
> max mx... and so on...
> may save many times a few octets.

This is not clear for me. Are you meaning "awk" interpreter?
If yes, I did'nt changed awk absolutely. The muawk.c only arrange
and prepare command-line parameter for the real "awk", as workaround
to some strange malfunction.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen