RE: 486 with 4MB

From: winsor SMP (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 05:25:51 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) That's great:)

I'm still trying to figure out how to get muLinux installed on my 2meg 386's.
Kernel loads then says
less than 4 megs detected
-system halted-
I'm going to have to read the "boot prompt HOW-TO" and see if I can get any hints.
Managed to get "small linux"(kernel 2.0.0) running on one of these without X (proprietary video hardware)....
I certainly can't grumble..........Heck I've got linux running on a 2 meg machine:)
BTW...........Michele,
I "borrowed" a few of your "rustic utilities" for this notebook(strictly for my own use) :)
With only 2 megs of "actual memory" these scripts are a real help.
And it's certainly a lot more friendly than MINIX(which I run on 2 IBM model 25 "all in ones")
winsor