Re: An ambitious idea

From: Unit 4 (unit4@i-plus.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 08:05:11 CET

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000 23:23:45 -0800, winsor SMP wrote:

}Michele,
}
}Yes I agree, to add Dosemu, and other esoteric utilities while neglecting the basic linux utilities is a bit futile.(after all this is a Linux system 8^P)
} I'm just pleased to see that you also see the value of the "rustic utilities" on the first disk.......
} As I've said many times in the past, it's fun AND educational to chase a "rustic utility" through the various scripts to it's conclusion thus learning how any particular utility works.....
}winsor

I agree.

For those distros that are supposed to be polished products, adding DOSlike
stuff is fine. For a real educational experience, I'd prefer to stick with
the traditional *nix stuff, done in the traditional way.