INSTALATION ON COMPAQ CONTURA 386

From: Marcel Pierson (pierson@cantv.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 14:27:49 CET

Hi, i have a laptop COMPAQ CONTURA 3/25, is a laptop 386 with 25 Mhz, 12 Mb
RAM, 115 Mb HD, videocard avga, and I do not know, but i think a plasma
monitor. (I bougth it for second hand).

Let me tell you my history, I created two mulinux disk (boot and x11) in my
other computer (desktop 166, svga, win95 etc.), then i start my laptop with
this disks, and mulinux runs OK (very very slow, but OK). All the programs
runs OK, including X11.

But my problem is that went I CLONE this system in HD of my laptop (ext2)
(I really do not know why, but I need to create a DOS partition to install
linux.bat) the X11 server do not run, maybe I need to configure the
XF86Config? someone has an Idea?.

I do not have neither the videocard nor the monitor specifications, that is
why i can not configure it manuality.

other thing, I want to install mulinux in my hard disk, but i want to run
only mulinux in my computer. How can i do to run lilo in my HD.

Pardon me, but i do not know english very well OK.

Marcel Pierson.
pierson@cantv.net
Valencia.
Venezuela.