Re: An ambitious idea

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 15:14:55 CET

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:08:27AM +0100, Kerstin & Peter Karp nicely wrote:

> > It's the time to improve the the 'client side' in muLinux.
> > It is better to split the basic functions in muLinux in two
> > parts: server and workstation.
> I think this is a very good idea, as it will allow the user to keep
> the installation very small, but using a (for specific purposes)
> "complete" Linux :-)

This is the plan: a base system in three floppies ( BASE, SRV and WKS)
suitable for "real" internet usage: primarily emails, newsgroup and
html.

> I personally would like to see a (full) version of less, which
> supports the basic vi key bindings and the / search.
> Also adding the xf86config program would be a real help for newbies
> like me :-)

xf86config? I hate this Linux script. Never worked for me.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen