[2]:_[mu=A0SETUP]=A0true=A0color=A0mode??=

From: Kerstin & Peter Karp (karpfenteich@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 11:08:27 CET

Thanks Michele and Denis :-)

Denis wrote:
> > You should download SVGA.tgz in the MISC area of muLinux
> homepage.
> > This is the easiest way to configure your display to higher
> > resolutions.
I've done that, but can't extract the tgz file. I've copied the file
SVGA.tgz
(note that the file I've downloaded has capital letters (under
MS-DOS), but in MuLinux it appears with small letters!!! So I renamed
svga.tgz to SVGA.tgz under linux...) in the root directory /

In the readme of SVGA.tgz it says:

    cd /
    cat SVGA.tgz | bzip2 -dc SVGA.tgz | tar -xvf-

I've done that, but got an error message:

    -xvf- not found
    bzip2: Input filename SVGA.tgz doesn't end in '.bz2', skipping

What am I doing wrong here?

I've also tried to extract the file with the command

    gzip -x SVGA.tgz

Then the file was changed to the name SVGA.tar. I couldn't got any
further.

> > Then you should edit the XF86Config.in file (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11)
I hope I'll come to that step soon :-)

Michele wrote:
> The step relative to editing the XF86Config.in is not out-of-date,
> because in recent muLinux release, the XF86Config.in is able to
> deal with both servers. VGA16 and SVGA.
I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean here. Which step exactly
do you mean is *not* out of date. And when it's *not* out-of-date why
do you mention it? What would have been changed?

Thanks for all your help!
Peter