Wine (Was: A bug in ...)

From: Arvid Nymoen (anymo@start.no)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 14:53:08 CET

Thank you for this information on Wine. I did not know that it could
already be used for such big projects. Some years from now perhaps
linux will a good choice for a larger percentage of the average computer
users.
Arvid

At 23:54 28.10.00 +0200, Jef wrote:
>Quotation from: http://linux.corel.com/support/wine_faq.htm
>Q. Why is Corel using Wine to port WordPerfect® Office 2000 and Corel
>graphics applications to Linux? A. Wine allows us to quickly migrate our
>Windows applications to Linux. Porting our applications using a native
Linux >windowing toolkit such as {HYPERLINK "http://www.troll-tech.com"}Qt
or >{HYPERLINK "http://www.gtk.org/"}GTK+ would be a huge undertaking
requiring >many years of development. Wine has allowed us to move our
major applications >to Linux in a matter of months. At the same time, it
provides good >performance and integration with other Linux applications.