Re: install help

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 13:11:18 CEST

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:13:25PM -0500, Brad Masiowski nicely wrote:
> Hi
>
> MuLINUX seems like an excellent system. I wish I could get it
> loaded on my computer. I am using the muLINUX boot root diskette. It
> boots then runs LILO and gives a boot: prompt. If left alone it
> defaults to start mulinux and eventually does a reboot. This is where
> the problems begin. It gives an "Error 0x02" then tries the reboot once
> again. This repeats until the system is turned off.
>
> What is an "Error 0x02"? What can I do to fix it?
>
> I have tried to put all of the required files into a local (DOS)
> directory and then run boot.bat. That doesn't work either.

Did you tried using "makefd.bat"? It create a simple muLinux that
boot via syslinux. Maybe, this different bootloader may acts
differently for you.

> Perhaps I am too dense, but I can't understand the install process
> from the docs.
> Maybe the rumoured new FAQ will help.

The FAQ is a collection of question/answer I get from the mailing-list.
Yours is a tech question: to explains the install process will requires
the same number of lines (or much more) compared to read the scripts
itself.

In addition, what's the "install process"? Did you mean the
tecnological process that made the first floppy disk ("mu" script"),
or the process of copy the ramdisks in the hd? (/etc/rc/prep-floppy,
/etc/rc/prep-umsdos, /bin/clone, etc)

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen