Re: 486 box

From: Richard Kirkcaldy (Richard.kirkcaldy@IC24.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 22:16:53 CEST

Hi,
    That's a similar set-up to my machine, except I have a 486DX. Xwindows
is very slow loading for me, although it is an old hard disk which I think
is what is slowing it down.
    I tried red-hat 6.2 but that refused to install, I tried small linux,
which was limited in capabilities.
    I don't have a modem on my 486, so I have only used localhost to try out
browsing. Again it was slow, but it could be my hard disk.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy