Re: problem with SMTP

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:53:22 CEST

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 02:39:48PM +0200, Zeimet Alex nicely wrote:

> Here is my sendmail.log file with the messages:

> Dialog started at: Wed Sep 27 11:21:13 2000
> mail: lzeimet@gmx.net -> winchester@gmx.de
> Smarthost: mail.gmx.net
>
> expect [*SMTP*]
> -> got [220 GMX Mailservices ESMTP]
> sent [HELO gmx.net]

> expect [*250*]
> -> got [250-GMX Mailservices]

> sent [MAIL FROM:lzeimet@gmx.net]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [250-PIPELINING]

> sent [RCPT TO:winchester@gmx.de]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [250 8BITMIME]

> sent [RCPT TO:amoeba@gmx.net]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [555 syntax error (#5.5.4)]

As first instance, be aware: this sendmail is only a little hack of few Kb.
Anycase, I see two "RCPT TO:" commands. Are you sending two simultaneus
email? The first is accepted, the second no.

Please, do test with a single recipient (no cc, no multi to:, etc) and
repost your sendmail.log.

But if you like *really* to help me, try to do "telnet mail.gmx.net 25"
and try to issue the same commands you see in the "sent" lines.