[mu ALERT!] Upgrading

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 12:33:43 CEST

When muLinux starts, it anycase try to upload in /setup/cnf the
last profile saved in /startup/init.

Now, when the user clone a new release over an existing c:\linux
UMSDOS installation, for some 'rm' bug, the cloner can't remove
the old material, but only overwrite.

At next boot, the old configuration files are uploaded in /setup/cnf,
producing as net result a probable confusion in Setup, if some
parameter has different name in the new release.

As workaround, I strongly suggest to remove the /startup/init content,
first of cloning, or to do a more safe:

                c:>deltree c:\linux

In the future release I will sign the profile with the release
number: the Setup will refuse to load a profile is release number
do not match.