[mu TECH] Likeness degree

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 19:45:26 CEST

Hi folks,

I need of a short and fast C program able to compare two strings,
assigning a score to likeness.

For example, let:

        X="xy3f cat uzy fow ukzt!"
        A="xy3f cat"
        B="Oh my God, xy3f cat uzy XYZ fow ukzt, brrrt!"
        C="other other other"

I wish a result order for X likeness, like:
                        B, A, C

Surely, this is a common topic in search-engines software, but I need of
a simple C program.
It probabily has to compute the number of words which match, assigning
score if order is the same, etc.

You well understand, this is a question in the A.I. context: I only
like to know what string A,B,C is nearest to X, in the common sense.

(No, I'm not implied in a GENOMA equipe; I only wish to add a
new devilry in muLinux)