Re: ldconfig & pico

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 09:35:42 CEST

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 08:55:51AM +0300, Vesa-Pekka Palmu nicely wrote:
> The thing is: I have installded bash with all required libraries, I
> made symlinks to the new libraries my self (done that long time
> ago) then istalled pico (everything fine for several weeks) Then I ran
> ldconfig today and everything EXECPT pico works... pico crashes
> with "segmentation fault"

Please, use the "ldd" command, that display dynamic libraries
requirements for single binary, and try to track what happens
with & without the news libraries.

I sometimes noticed that the linker get confused, if links are
made careless.

In alternative: rename pico as Pico and create a new script "pico",
using in it the LD_LIBRARY_PATH hack, as explained in a previous
email