Re: [mu TECH] Release numbers and homesite

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 22:10:16 CEST

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:24:04PM -0400, Sabina & Franz nicely wrote:
> Congratulations on 10R6! (or is it 10R0?) I look forward to downloading
> it soon!

Ehm, I'm deeply ashamed, but the very first time I used the wrong
number release 10r6 (not 10r0), so I removed the archives!

I decided to take advantage of this mistake, stopping the upload
definitively. I'm now testing and restructuring the NFSROOT
capability, as Mek implicitely suggested.

> I think you idea for the directory tree as you describe it is good, but I
> propose an additional directory, perhaps called 'latest', that includes
> links to all of the most current versions of base, tools, and addons.

In my previous post, I told this is not possible to do easyly.
There is the file LATEST, with the latest release number.