Re: mu SETUP - use "clone"

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 17:56:05 CEST

> > 9) muLinux asks me about boot partition, it says if I want to use lilo,
> and I
> > do, that the boot partition should be /dev/null. So I type /dev/null and
> > press enter.
> > # Note: this says "if it does'nt has " it should read "if it doesn't have"
>
> /dev/null is the nirvana, it is used to delete things (by sending them to
> dev/null), so it is not a good idea, installing lilo into it ;-)
> you have to enter /dev/hda1 in your case!

Well the /dev/hda1 isn't the optimal solution, because if you have
m$-dos installed on hda1 then when you install lilo to hda1, you
can't boot dos (it just loads lilo again, and again and again......

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430