Re: Vnc start - wont !!!

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 09:29:19 CEST

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:00:40PM -0800, Michael Berrisford nicely wrote:

> I didn't have networking set up. After i set it up, it works just fine and
> i am successfully able to connect from another machine using Netscape
> Navigator.
>
> The messages i get from vnc start are:
>
> Starting VNCServer on display 02-10092361:1
> VNCServer process id: 4665
> VNCServer TCPports: 5901(vnc), 5801(http)
> Starting X Clients

02-10092361 is the ... hostname?

> Another problem i'm having though is when i try
>
> vnc localhost:1
>
> i see the message "Using Mach64 driver" then it hangs
>
> If i hit alt-F1, i see
>
> [svgalib: allocated virtual console #7]
> segmentation fault

If you use "vnc" in the console, the script try to use the svgalib
client svncviewer. You have to setup svgalib for your video card.

But if you shutdown the vnc server and start XWindows, you have che
chance to use the vncviewer for X. In this cas the "vnc" script,
automatically will use it.