Re: SendMail problems ??

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 14:22:40 CEST

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:19:00PM -0800, Mike Berrisford nicely wrote:
> Michele,
>
> I removed the "\n\r" from usr/script/net.lib send() and i was able to send
> and receive mail..
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Only minor problem was at the end of the sendmail.log :
>
> sent [.]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [250 Message received: G0RACM01.F42]
> sent [quit]
> expect [*250*]
> -> got [221 mmp-1.gci.net ESMTP server closing connection]
> sendmail: Done.

Maybe, to remove all "\r\n" is too cruel. Try to remove only "\n".
Of course, Mike, thank you to call that a ... minor problem :-)

I provided fetchmail/sendmail on the first floppy, as SMPT/POP3
demonstration scripts, in the hope users will want look inside to
understand Internet protocols. Real uses of this command is out
of the scope. A good workaround should be to provide true binaries
in some high-order addons. I have fetchmail/sendmail in PERL,
for example.