Re: fetchmail

From: Zeimet Alex (lzeimet@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 08:42:27 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> Please, open the file /usr/script/net.lib and locate the function
> send():
> ----------------------------------
> send()
> {
> echo -e "$@"
> echo "sent [$@]" >> $LOGFILE
> }
> --------------------------------
>
> and remove any "\r" of "\n" symbol you find: I added them as
> suggestion from a contributor.

Thank you very much for this tip. Now I can get the emails. But the
messages are not kept on the mailserver, although the "remove_messages"
is set at "n".
I now also can use rna as the mailreader, it isn't so important that I
must use mutt.
In general I very like mulinux, it's easy to configure and good for unix
learning. I already work for several month with it, and I can all do
like with a real distrubution.
But because I have many 386 and 486, I can use mulinux on them, because
it's more quicker and doesn't take so much place on the hard disks.
I have a 386SX with 4MB Ram installed as a internet router. I never
could install mulinux on it, so I preinstalled mulinux on a 486DX2,
later I copyed the whole linux folder by network (win311) to the 386SX.
It seems that mulinux just can be installed on a 386DX with at least 4
MB Ram, not on a SX. But it works now well as a router, so I didn't need
to throw away the old PC.
 :-))

So long

Alex