network in mu

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 20:58:22 CEST

Hi,
Much thanks for the explanations, Sven, I now understand really more all
that networking stuff in linux.

Now I would like to come back to scripting issues. Here is a proposition
:

1) A .fun for every type of interface that assign an IP to the
interface, a netmask if needed, and load modules needed by this
interface. In other words it loads modules and issue ifconfig.
The .fun then calls a new netconfig script that setup routes associated
to this interface. A gateway is asked for every route to a net.
In the .cnf there is only the name of the interfaces. Their
configuration is put in file residing in /etc/, maybe /etc/net, one file
per interface (so in /etc/net/eth0, /etc/net/eth1, .....)
Those files are stored in setup/store/net/eth0.... when store is called.

2) A global network.fun that setup global stuff llike dhcp, ..., default
route...

Note : I haven't find your array() function in /etc/utils ? And also I
did a
 find . | xargs grep '[Aa]rray' > ~/array 2>/dev/null
and I had nothing like a shell function ?...

Pat