[mu ARIGATO] w3m browser (was Re: other applications)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 23:09:00 CEST

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 07:37:21PM +0200, Michele Andreoli nicely wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:08:28PM +0200, Denis Bredelet nicely wrote:
> > Today I read the september issue of Linux Magazine...
> > Interesting topics:
> >
> > -W3M is a package similar to Lynx but SMALLER!
> > http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~alto/w3m/eng/
> >

> Thank much, Denis, but the previous link is not active :-(

I found the W3M browser searching in Internet and compiled (after
some problem) for muLinux. It is only 230k and support: colors, buttons,
table and frames! Exploring the source, I found that it uses LU matrix
factorization to achieve results! Oh, mon dieu: to understand its
code requires a solid knowledge in Linear Algebra and Numerical
Calculus, exams I done many,many years past :-)

In older muLinux releases, a small lynx was on the first floppy.
Next, I moved lynx to EXT addon. It is time to put w3m (a true
console browser) on the first floppy. A this point, maybe I will
remove lynx. I already tampered the code, removing the "-lm"
linking, and introducing my rustic self-made math library math.c
(the first floppy has no libm).

Akinori Ito is a very incredible man. Arigato to Akinori-san,
because it release the code in the public domain, for the sake
of the humanity.