Re: [mu SETUP] under Windows NT

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 10:27:25 CEST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 08:37:25AM +0200, Stutz, Thomas, DV nicely wrote:

> In my opinion it's a good idea to fix it, because then you and
> evereybody can
> use the muLinux(Bootdisksetup) under every OS (ok, not Beos and Mac
> ;-)).

Thank you. I can't test because I have no NT in my machine.

Please, do this steps and report what you see:

1. boot the Installer
2. enter in rescue-mode/maintenance mode. Unfortunately, I noticed
that: the ntfs driver is loaded only in rescue-mode, a bug.
3. when you has the prompt try:

                # mount /dev/hda1 /mnt -t ntfs

If this works, try to browse the /mnt directory. Do you see your files
correctly? Please, detect and remember the name of the directory where
you mantain your mulinux archives.

If it do not works, try adding the option " -o ro" to mount command (read-only).

4. umount /mnt now and, please, umount any other partitions you noticed
mounted, with the exception of the "/" partition or "/proc" (safety step).
Please, Use the command "df" to see what is mounted.

5. Go in /etc/ and run the rc.dosinstall:

                # /etc/rc.dosinstall

The rescue-mode is used there only to load the ntfs driver, sorry.