Re: [mu SETUP] under Windows NT

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 16:38:59 CEST

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 12:40:24PM +0200, Stutz, Thomas, DV nicely wrote:
> Is there a possibility to use muLinux Setup under Windows NT ?

muLinux Setup under NT? Sorry, it is not clear for me. As "muLinux Setup"
I usually refer to ubiquitous "/bin/setup" shell-script in muLinux, and
this isn't your case, I suppose, because it do not runs on NT.

If you mean: "may I install mulinux archives on a set of floppy-disk",
the answer is: maybe, never tested.

The modern releases installs using an "Installation Floppy"
(you made it using the makefd.bat script, in the directory you
unpacked your archive from internet) and this floppy has
NTFS (read-only) support. Because its main task is *to copy*
the images on a set of floppy disk, read-only access should be
enough, if no bugs in my scripts.

Please: test this Installation Floppy on your NT system and report
me any result. Do not worry: the installation floppy it is not
dangerous, because it do not format any partitions.