Attn: Scripting wizards

From: Bill (william.mcnamara@silicomp.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 10:19:42 CEST

I'm trying to write a basic script that will ping a host for a specific time
frame
and with user set intervals and pipe the output to a file... something like

myping [host] [duration minutes] [interval seconds] [output - path and file
name]

example > myping -host 1.2.3.4 -duration 60 -interval 60 -file
/tmp/pinglog.txt

where host is the ip address of the target, duration is the time for the
script to run, interval is the number of seconds between pings, output is
the directory and file name to pipe the output too.

I'm not having much luck as my scripting is basic enough, so I thought
I'd ask you guys....

Bill