Re: SVGA archive

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 17:36:12 CEST

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 08:17:01AM +0200, Ondrej Kavka nicely wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Denis Bredelet wrote:
> >
> > > I also downloaded other archives --that's my innate curiosity--, but I
> > > could not figure out how to unpack them. I tried "file archive" (eg.
> > > file pico.gz) and obtained "ELF executable file". The damn thing would
> > > not execute, though. (Segmentation fault blablabla...)
>

> Did you unpacked with
>
> gzip -dc pico.gz > /usr/bin
> chmod +x /usr/bin ?

Well I my self did it just by issuing "gunzip pico.tgz" and then "mv
pico /usr/bin"

With tar.gz and other "tarballs" I mormaly use "cat
something.tar.gz| gunzip| tar -x" I know that this isn't the optimal
command, but thats what I remember and find easy to use..

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430