Re: I RTFM

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 17:19:04 CEST

Michele Andreoli a écrit :

> Usually?! I can't imagine different interfaces with the same address.
> What the scope?

I have an example. It is taken from the plip howto. In this example, the 2
interfaces haven't really the same address, but one address can be routed
to 2 different interfaces, depending wether it comes from the other
computer or from the localhost.

suppose you have 2 computers, here and there.
you issued
ifconfig plip0 here pointtopoint there up
so the address of plip interface is here.
It is therefore recommended to issue a
route add -host here lo.
so the here address is also associated to lo... It is quite natural, but...
a little strange.

Pat