still off topic : magic card

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 15:52:31 CEST

Hi all,

First thanks to everybody that tried to help me.
If it interest someone I think I know what kind of card it is : it is a
magical card :-).
On it there is an IDE connector, a floppy drive connector, a 9 pin
serial connector, a 25 old serial connector, a parallel port, and the
strange female 15 pins port, that will remain a mystery, but as there is
a jumper with written "games enabled", I think it can be used for a
joystick.
Magical isn't it !!!

I still don't know if it runs under linux, but I have problems with my
box, it freezes sometimes. I think the problem is in the bios, related
with hardware conflicts ; I have a winmodem, maybe it conflicts with
serial and parallel ports. Does someone knows if this is possible, that
hardware conflicts in I/O address or irq cause the computer to freeze ?
(it's so painful to hit the reset button on a linux box :-().

I strongly recommand the serial howto for people wishing to understand
how the serial port functionate, but also about irq, IO/address, and so
on. It is not only how, but also why and what !

Pat