RE: mu SETUP

From: mek (mek@antenna.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 09:15:59 CEST

On 31-Aug-2000 Robert Heezeman wrote:
> I would like to load all of MULINUX from HDD to RAM
> (As done with fdd. This means when I loose power I do
> not corrupt my file system.. It happens to me a lot..

OK i understood this email in two ways:

1- you dont want to use the hdd at all, so my answer would be: use the
floppies. but i think it's not exactly hat what you mean.

2- the second way lets me think that you still want to use the hdd, but then
only for saving files and configuration (since michele didnt leave space on the
floppies to save cd-images of other distro's), but remember that you still will
get corrupted filesystem with a power-fail.
try to mount the harddisk, something like:
mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /home
i never tried it but i see no reason why it shouldnt work.

mek

MuLinux-translation-page:
http://www.casema.net/~mpx/mulinux

clean the windows - see Linux-----