hardware question, a little off-topic

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 18:50:54 CEST

Hi,
I have an off-topic question, but not so much off topic... I have
recuperated old PC's, and maybe I will install mu on them (so it isn't
really offtopic ;-).
But there are strange ports (strange for me, I hope) on them.
There is one which is a female with 7 + 8 holes, and ressemble a normal
parallel port.
The other strange thing is a normal parallel port, but male. What is it
for ?
I recuperated some ports that are not integrated but on ISA cards. Does
it pose a problem to Linux ?
Is it possible to use them on a computer with those ports allready built
in the motherboard ?

Pat