Re: Some strange things..

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 21:29:54 CEST

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 01:12:19PM +0200, Jochen nicely wrote:
> Michele Andreoli wrote:
>
> > > Someone (or me) make a documentation add-on wich should include least
> > > all man pages for mu commands (-ash, elvis etc.) and most of the HOWTOs
> > > (least low men, laptop etc)
> >
> > Good idea. I have a little command that transform man pages in html.
> > I can add html version.
>
> So we have an extra Addon MAN for all the manpages. Cool Idea. HTML :(
> hm don't know. Might be good. Can be viewed with quark. So we don't need
> man. But what is really less in size. Think that would me the original
> text files.

In mulinux you have already an embrional form of manpages: type "man",
when X11 or GCC is mounted. They are simple text.

Maybe we can put in a single addons:

                1) UNIX man pages
                2) HOWTO's
                3) lpg (Linux Programmin Guide)
                4) Linux Administration Guide
                5) Kernel Guide
                6) Module programming

I've all that in my harddisk.
I think a good solution should be to transform all this text in
a form suitable for web browser: in this case, user can browse docs
concacting the internal web server.