Re: [mu SETUP] - Getting the network up..

From: Sven Conrad (Sven.Conrad@eed.ericsson.se)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 12:05:03 CEST

I forgot some important issues:

1. a very common none working default is:
        in file "/usr/local/pcmcia/config.opts"
   around line 18 there is a "#" == comment in a line
        "exclude irq 3"
   this is no good idea, because most Laptops have two serial interfaces
   (one RS232 and one modem/IRC).
   So please ensure, that irq 4,3,7 are excluded (no "#" in line)
   (irq 5 and 2/9 are allso candidates for exclusion because
    of possible conflicts with sound cards)

2. /proc/kmsg can only be readed once! And more worse, cat hang.
   you have to force the termination of cat (^C).

Does anybody know a better method of getting the boot-messages into a
file?
Note: I don't have syslogd in my muLinux box!

/sven