Re: And what about linux-native partition install?

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 18:34:41 CEST

In a message dated 7/7/00 10:00:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
jknoors@zonnet.nl writes:

discussion of various partitioning tools, with links:

http://www.luv.asn.au/overheads/parted/
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~aclausen/parted-talk/index.html

parted home page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted

as Debian (seems to need a bunch of things not in muLinux)
http://www.debian.org/Packages/frozen/utils/parted.html

history via appwatch:
http://www.appwatch.com/Linux/App/782/S/1/history.html

boot disk needed for installation/use if not a booting to GNU/Linux system:
http://sunsite.org.uk/gnu/parted/bootdisk/

WARNING: ALL of these tools can and will clobber your hard disk without
warning. Proceed with extreme care. Make backups FIRST and be sure that you
can restore from them.