RAmdisk&umsdos+startup speed

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 13:00:30 CEST

So just wonderin that where i can turn of that 4mb ramdisk wich
mu loads at start up? (i have commented out the ramdisk line on
loadlin.cfg) but the kernel still reports that i has loaded 16 ramdisks
for total of 16mb when i boot. I have so little amount of ram (8mb)
that i want to use it all, not to waste it on some ramdisks, wich i
don't need (or du I?)

Also I'm wonderin is there any way to speed the start up by
removing checks for disabled thinks (like ppp and crontab, ethernet
etc) on boot up?

I'm a Linux newbie, so please try no to get mad about my (probably
stubit) questions.

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430