Re: mu + Interbase

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 19:48:58 CEST

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 10:01:02AM -0500, mjohnson@davesworld.net nicely wrote:

> Isn't it neat how you develop little "algorythmic tools", that you can bang out again and again to solve certain problems.

I'm not sure if correctly understod your statement; if you are paying
compliments, or flame :-)

Hemmm ... anycase, my basic algorythm developing small code is the
"dd" tool. As you well-know, "dd" in the vi editor is a very powerfull
tool to getting small in programming, becasue it remove the whole line.
But I not refuse to remove single characters with "x", in the case I'm
really well-disposed and full up.

When I starts a new small program for muLinux, my guideline is
Michelangelo Bonarroti. It said: "the statue is already in the rock,
in the marble. I have to take away the superflous part". I think,
this might be the muLinux slogan/logo, if someone will do better
translation.

I followed this guideline using as good-quality marble, but sometimes
I removed also essential part. Ok, I'm not Michelangelo!