Re: muLinux and DOS Emulation

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 14:14:50 CEST

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 08:48:49PM -0300, Luiz Antonio Emerenciano Alcoforado nicely wrote:
> I am new to this list and I am using muLinux in a trial base for the
> last three weeks.
>
> Now I was requested to add DOS emulation to muLinux. Is this possible ?
>
> Thank you !

In the past someone suggested an EMU disk addon, with dosemu, commodore
C-64 Vice emulator, C Vic20, HP41C emulator, etc.

The problem is: we are exausting the max number of ramdisks that can
be simultaneously present in the kernel. We have now

                ram0 .... ram10

and ramdisks in Linux are only 16 (some addons use two ramdisks).
Maybe, in the future we will have interchangeble, alternative addons.