COOL! prelim Interbase 4.0G (Linux ed.) + mu

From: Mike Johnson (mjohnson@davesworld.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 10:51:30 CEST

Well.. preliminary results.. it works. I had it in a DOS dir.. and did the following
It need to be gzipped and untarred.. it came with an install script. I ran that, which asked me where I wanted it, and copied a bunch of files.
I found the directory, went into it ... interbase/V_4_0G/bin/
I ran the daemon with a & (background).. but I don't know if that was necessary.
I ran isql did
CREATE DATABASE "ibtest.gdb";
-enter-
CREATE TABLE TESTTABLE (TEST_ID int);
-enter-
INSERT INTO TESTTABLE (TEST_ID) VALUES (1);
-enter-
SELECT * FROM TESTTABLE;
and got my column and my 1 back.

so for a prelim test YES IB DOES work under Mu. I have NO IDEA is the client stuff works, but I suspect that it would work over a local network just fine with mu as a DB server.

Anyone want to help me "trim down" IB and maybe create a one or two disk addon? I think some of the stuff that comes with it could be pulled. But it may be mucho complicated.

Feel free to run with this.

Mike Johnson
father@bigattichouse.com
mjohnson@davesworld.net