Re: mulinux on a large (non-floppy) drive

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 19:26:44 CEST

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 07:29:36PM +0200, Karl-Heinz Zimmer nicely wrote:

> To let you see the very meaning of Michele's words, here is the status
> of my little mirror obtained one minute ago:

> Country Number of Hits since Jan. 05 2000
> Germany 1418
> France 91

[snip]

Ops! I'm wrong. Statistics about your german site contraddicts my
understanding. Order is : german, french, italin, english speaking.
But your is a german mirror.

Look a what I've obtained using this little UNIX scripts, using
the (out-of-date) "subscribers" file from mulinux mailing-list:

#!/bin/sh
# compute statistics of email suffixes

FILE=subscribers
cat $FILE | sed "s/.*\.//g" | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr | pr -5

result:

     67 com 6 nl 4 tw 2 cn 1 nu
     42 net 6 fr 4 dk 1 ua 1 my
     37 de 6 es 3 no 1 si 1 mil
     25 it 6 ch 3 ca 1 sg 1 hu
     13 uk 6 au 2 se 1 ru 1 gov
      8 org 5 br 2 kr 1 pl 1 cz
      8 edu 5 at 2 hk 1 pe 1 be
      7 jp 4 us

I do not know (sorry for my ignorance) what sort of country are "ua",
or "cn", or "si" ( Siam?).

Analyzing this result, can we agree about english-german-italian,
or order is wrong?