Re: [mu TECH] terminal speed

From: Mike Johnson (mjohnson@davesworld.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 01:01:59 CEST

On several projects I have done realted to streamed content and socket
connections, typically you have to adjust your buffer sizes to make good use
of high speeds, and visa versa.. buffersize affects how many round trips
back to the stream source you need to make, and a number of API calls.. and
having a 1 byte buffer can seriously affect performance over a 48k buffer.
Look at memory usage in the two cases and see if a larger buffer is being
used in the high baud rate. If so, then that will show you what trade-offs
you have to make...

In other words, I agree so long as you have enough memory.

Mike