Re: thttpd

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 02:21:52 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 10:01:59PM +0100, Clive Wright nicely wrote:
> > >
> > I could not find any method of serving web pages from my
> > ntfs partition using Thttpd. Pygmy worked ok but has the
> > known problem of requiring multiple refreshes to load all
> > images,
>
> Did you tried to add the "-u root" switch to thttpd, in httpd.fun?
> thttpd run as "nobody": maybe, nobody can't access your disks.
Tried "-u root" no improvement.
Thought problem might be due to a symlink so mounted ntfs
partition directly on "/usr/local/thttpd/lg".
I inserted the following line in /etc/fstab and mounted
using
"mount -a":
/dev/hdb4 /usr/local/thttpd/lg ntfs defaults,umask=0,ro 0 0
The thttpd will provide directory listings of all
directories on ntfs partition that do not contain an
index.html file but will not open any html, image or text
files.
Attempts at opening these files displays:
 500 Internal Error
There was an unusual problem serving the requested URL.
Other httpd have no problems serving files from my ntfs
partition.
Also thttpd correctly serves files from an ext2 partition
mounted read only on, "/usr/local/thttpd/lg".
In case the problem is one of file permissions I have
included part of an "ls -l" listing from
"/usr/local/thttpd/lg/inetpub/wwwroot/"

dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 0 May 28 00:01
_private
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 1759 May 28 00:01
_vti_inf.html
dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 0 May 28 00:01
cgi-bin
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 784 Sep 5 1997
default.asp
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 79 Oct 21 1997
global.asa
dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 0 May 28 00:01
images
dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 12288 May 28 01:29 lg
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 3823 Dec 10 19:30
newindex.html
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 2504 May 28 00:01
postinfo.html

I do not know what else to try other than giving up with
thttpd and as I have said in a previous posting using httpd.
1. Has anyone else got any ideas?
2. Is anyone with an ntfs partition on their mulinux box
prepared to experiment to see if they get the same strange
results as me?

Clive