Re: Disk on Chip driver

From: Thomas Wille (thomas.wille@gmx.de)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 21:42:27 CEST

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Chris Ellec wrote:

> However, I ended up not using mulinux because when I try the cloning, it
> wouldn't work unless I had a small DOS partition to boot from, which I don't
> have on the DOC.
>
> So, do I really need a DOS partition, or did I miss something ?
>
> Chris.

Hi Chris,

No, you needn't any dos-partition.
Proceed as follows:

Clone mu-linux to partition with an ext2-file system installed. All other
files in this partition are overwritten.
Edit /etc/lilo.conf according to your configuration.
Copy /startup/boot/boot.b to /boot. Maybe you need to copy some other file
to /boot.
run lilo.
Depending on your lilo.conf lilo is installed either in the master boot
record, or in the boot record of your my-linux-partition.
In the 2nd case you need any other boot manager. Add the my-linux-
partition to your boot-menue.

That is the way you can run your my-linux as any other linux
dos-independant.

Hope this helps. Have fun

Thomas