2 Questions in 1:X-Windows startup programs and Ramdisk

From: Jerry Beckmann (ars_magica_gm@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 13:42:17 CEST

Hello,
I just started using Mulinux a few days ago and am very impressed with it so
far. I am having a few problems with customizing Xwindows the way I want it
to be and was hoping to get a little help. I am trying to have Xwindows
start up without any programs running in it as default (for now, later a
custom app will be running on startup). The trouble that I am having is
finding where X is looking for the programs to startup. I have looked for
xinitrc, xclients, xinit, etc.... I have even tried editing the fvwm95-2.mu
file but nothing seems to effect the startup programs (although I have been
able to get rid of the task bar :).

The second question I have is regarding booting into RAMdisk. What I am
trying to accomplish is to have a compressed image of muLinux on a Disk on
Chip that uncompresses itself into RAM. I sure that I could figure it out if
I need to, but if someone else has already done this, it would help me out a
lot.

Thanks
Jerry