Re: Samba MuLinux and Telecom Italia and MiniHowto

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@snafu.de)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 00:36:06 CEST

On Die, 16 Mai 2000 Jef wrote:

> What must be in the Howto?
> custimizing in general?
> or special this smb disk, or perhaps is it about
> using the disk and the smb suite?
> setting up TCP/IP connection from the win9x box?
> If I can get the picture of what you expect
> I will write the Howto.

In my (humble) opinion it should include

- a short presentation of *your* situation and the
  idea to use a muLinux Spin-Off to solve your problems.
  --> to let the reader understand what your solution
      is good for

- a short description of how to modified the original
  files and what are the main differences between the
  original muLinux and your Samba connectivity disk.
  --> to let the user see it it's something he can
      use and to see *what's missing* on your disk
      compared to the original muLinux

- a step-for-step mini-tutorial how to take your files
  and build a nice little Connectivity disk.
  --> to let the user understand what has to be done
      even if he or she did *not* read the original
      muLinux tutorial.

- a little tutorial what has to be done, just in case
  the reader wants to modify *your* disk to add or
  remove something...

Does that sound a lot of work?

I am not sure if it _really_ is: all this facts are now
in your mind because that's what you have recently done
and it could be nice to write them down for not loosing
that knowledge but giving some usefull hints to others... :-)

Best greetings,

Karl-Heinz