Mythology Question/ Machines < 8 meg

From: Mike Johnson (mjohnson@davesworld.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 02:38:59 CEST

I'm thinking of building a set of instructions for crowbarring Mulinux into old systems (< 8 meg ram but with ample drive space (60-80meg))..

I remember a vignette from Greek Mythology, I think it was Thesias , or similar, who met a troll/giant/monster that would try and fit you in his bed.. if you were too big it would chop off peices of you, if you were too small, it would stretch you to fit..

anyone remember the creature's name? I thought it would make a fitting title... hacking MuLinux down to size... I guess its a bad joke, but the story keeps popping up in my head while I work on "Lazarus" my newly ressurected laptop.

MIke