Re: mu script ver. 7r12b

From: Miguel Angel (maacruz@navegalia.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 22:34:32 CEST

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Michele Andreoli kindly wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 09:18:09AM +0200, Jef Knoors nicely wrote:
> > I didn't really have the time to free diskspace and repartition yet, but I
> > worked around the bug by using the rebuild USR and the old ROOT and BOOT,
> > mixing them together on one floppy is also fine for me, hoverever the newest
> > release is better.
>
> The "mu" script has problem in UMSDOS because UMSDOS do not differentiate
> upper-case/lower-case. Then ROOT.gz become root.gz and "Mu" do not works.

From linux kernel:
<*> umsdos: Unix like fs on top of std MSDOS FAT fs

So umsdos has no problem with case, permisions, etc. The real problem is the
"du" reported size, wich in umsdos depends on the cluster size of the
underlying fat filesystem. This is why mu (previous to 8r4) script builds a too
big BOOT

> > I did hesitate to download version 9 because it was still beta.
>
> All the releases are beta and not. In muLinux this is non sense. Maybe,
> I will remove the difference, in the future.
> New relases are better of old ones: when I found some important bug, I
> will upgrade in one day.

Yes, better try the latest version.

Saludos
Miguel Angel

--
Don't see the world trought a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)
http://www.navegalia.com/personal/maacruz