Re: VNC on a floppy disk

From: Stefanie A. Pagel (stef@cityweb.de)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 09:35:29 CEST

> On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 08:33:51PM +0200, Stefanie A. Pagel nicely
wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I would like to install the VNC but every time i try setup asks me
>> put in a floppy disk with the VNC.
>> My VNC.tgz is stored on the HD. What can I do to install it ???
>>

> Usually, the floppy-addons are created at the beginning, when
> you run install.bat. In your case, do that:

> # fdformat /dev/fd0H1722
> # cat VNC.tgz > /dev/fd0H1722

> (first mount the disk with the VNC image and cd'in )

Whenever I try to format a floppy-disk, system tells me that it is a
read only file system.
The flopyy-disk is NOT write-protected. Formatting a floppy-disk with
DOS is no problem, it seems to be a linux problem only.

Any ideas ?
Everything could be the reason as I'm not sure that I made ^everything
right during installation process.

Thanks for help.

Gruss

Stefanie Pagel