[mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux v9r0b

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 22:27:16 CEST

Hi fans!

I'm uploaded these archives in Sunsite (Denmark)

        # mulinux-v9r0b
        # DOSTOOLS.zip
        # EXT.tgz

I changed the first number XrY because the release contains some
relevant news.

1) DOSTOOLS.zip

 is logically
different from previous, because now it create an interediate 1.44 dos
diskette, the installer/rescue disk, booting using syslinux (a floppy
Linux inside another floppy Linux, a paradox). I hope the installer
could fetch images also from NT.
I think this installer may runs with less RAM. It is a DOS floppy,
with the kernel and the root.gz in it.

Anycase : backward compatibility with other releases is granted.

2) the new great sound setup with IRQ super-probing (Miguel Angel)

3) more commands in EXT (the most important: smbclient)

4) a lot of improvement in Setup, and also a new "vsetup", a full
screen front-end to tty Setup. It starts with

                        # setup (without parameters)

and is muless-based. It allow a selective setup of resources.

The new "file" from A. Costa is missing, because I saved the email,
but lost the archive. Please Alfie, resent to me the file file.zip (sorry!)