Re: [mu TECH] A new installer for DOS

From: Miguel Angel (maacruz@navegalia.com)
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 16:45:37 CEST

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Michele Andreoli kindly wrote:
> I download the .zip from your page. The very fist version of muLinux
> installer for DOS (2-3 years ago) was with tho installer: install.bat,
> and install2.bat. install2.bat used a fdformat at 1722k for dos/windows,
> but it worked always randomly (many users reported failure).

Mmm. Those are bad news. At least it always worked for me. I'll do some testing
using 2m.
By the way, even linux is not guaranteed to work formating such floppies. It
fails with my computer (the new one), while fdformat and 2m work fine.

> I hope you checked with antivirus this .exe! I wish not to distribute
> virus around the world.

As far as i know, this exe, and my home computers, are completely virus free.

> If work, I will provide both solution.

As far as i have tested, it works. Of course, it needs more testing worldwide.
I'm going to enhance rawrite2 to allow dumping several files to a floppy, the
way a "cat file1 file2 >/dev/fdxxx" works.

> P.S: there is in a command for Win98 able to format a zip floppy
> in ntfs? I wish to test what happens with ntfs, but I haven't NT
> anymore.

Unfortunately there is no support for ntfs in win98.

--
Don't see the world trought a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)
http://www.navegalia.com/personal/maacruz