Re: -------Mu script------------

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 12:46:28 CEST

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 09:45:16AM +0200, Jef Knoors nicely wrote:
> Hello,
> Question: why is the MU script not on the base floppy, neither on the EXT floppy.
> I found MU in a temp-directory of the first downloading/unpacking/installing and I almost erased it.

"mu" itself is in the mulinux.tgz archive. You can mount the partition from
mulinux and use "mu" from muLinux itself.
The problem: if you unpacked in vfat, "mu" do not work, because UNIX use
something like symlinks etc, not supported in vfat.

> I did copy MU script to "/" of the mulinux system. There was not a facility to rebuild the usr.tgz from the working linux system (clone it to the floppy again). However this could be very nice to add.
>
> Jef

If you have a spare partition in your system, create an EXT2FS filesystem
on it:

                # mkfs.ext2 /dev/hdb8
                # mount /dev/hdb8 /mnt

Assuming your vfat mounted on /c, you can copy with:

                # cp -a /c/mulinux /mnt

(I assume "mulinux" as temporary installing directory on WIndows).

A this point, cd /mnt/mulinux and use "mu" to rebuild muLinux and
customize it.