Re: [TECH] Modem-to-Modem wire connection

From: Miguel Angel (maacruz@navegalia.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 23:04:26 CEST

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> kindly wrote:
> Connection work (basically) in this way:
>
> 1. standard cable
> 2. hyperteminal, on the Windows machine
> 3. minicom or miterm, on the Linux machine
>
> ATD on the caller side (Windows), ATA in the receiving machine.
> Character written on a side, appairs on the other side.
>
> The problem are daemon: no success with daemons on the modem port,
> neither mgetty, neither agetty, a this moment. I need to tell this
> daemon to answer (ATA) without rings, etc.

May be a little electric circuit to inject an alternal voltage in the modem
cable when pressing a button could simulate the ring call.
The circuit can be as simple as a transformer and a button.
Somebody remembers the phone line ring voltage?

--
Don't see the world trought a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)