Re: Fwd: [TECH] Modem-to-Modem wire connection

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 14:29:36 CEST

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 07:16:52AM -0400, Sabina & Franz nicely wrote:
> Michele,
>
> I have a (truly) little bit of experience with this. A small telephone
> line simulator is available here in the US from Viking Electronics. It
> costs just a little over $100, and has dial tone, ring, etc. Two telephones
> (or modems) plug in, and it can power telephone lines totalling over 5km.
> If I recall correctly, it uses purely American standards for telphone
> signalling, and runs on 12 volts (not sure if AC or DC...a 120V adapter is
> included).

A full working telephone line, so! This is much more I need. I wish only
test incoming modem call in Linux, using my notebook winmodem,
connected via wire to another modem. Maybe, there is some option AT*
which disable dial tone waiting, and so on.
But I do not know what happen, in the circuitery signals
side, if I cross the wire tx-rx, as usually we do for null-modem cable.

In other words: a serial-like connection, but using modem interface.

Ciao Sabina e ciao Franz