Re: [TECH] Modem-to-Modem wire connection

From: Peter Sin (petersin@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 15:50:25 CEST

Michele,
       Thanks a lot for mulinux. It is great fun!
I have made the direct modem-modem connection
before (when I had no null modem cable handy).
When the physincal connection is in place open the
communications programs on both machines
and set them to echo your input by typing ATE1
into the terminals. Also check that both
modems have the same settings (speed, flow control etc.)
Then on one machine type ATA
and on the other type ATD. You should hear the
modems connecting.

I just tested this on my two machines and it seems to work.

Best regards,

Peter